Friday, June 5, 2009

About My Comparisons

I've heard from a few people in my time blogging who say that I'm just as bad as a type-A fanboy, because I still make comparisons and defend companies against each other. I do understand the source of these comparisons, and that is why I want to explain my position more clearly.

Like any gamer, I have my biases. I'm a type-B fanboy; devoted to one company or series (Nintendo for me), but more than open to others. I tend to dislike Sony, but that's just an opinion, separate from other opinions.

In terms of blogging, the difference between me and a Type A fanboy is that I my opinions come out in my blog only when they're relevant. I've said plenty of bad things about Nintendo, and plenty of good things about Sony. All of my statements are backed up with evidence. I don't delete comments I disagree with; if anything, I respond to them with an explanation of my point of view. It's a blog, so it's going to have my opinions in it, but I strive to always back them up.

But I admit that sometimes my opinions get the better of me. If you think I've said something unfair in any of my posts, or that I've said something bad about someone without sufficient evidence, please let me know in a comment.

Thanks, and enjoy!

No comments: